It's When Your Success Matters!
Today's economic environment is ripe for entrepreneurship. If you have wanted to begin a business the time has never been better. Whenever job loss occurs opportunity for small business opens like tree buds in the springtime.
Starting your small business takes thoughtful strategy and commitment. The desire doesn't create success; the commitment makes the success happen. The patience for the commitment is critical.
We live in a "got to have it now" society. If you want microwave success then it's best to not start your business or wait until you can get the patience to grow your idea to success.
Jill, a divorced mother of four children built her career in the legal research field and was well-respected. At the age of forty-five, she decided to get a college degree and continue to pursue her career. After graduation with a four-year degree in business management, Jill opened her own legal document preparation business. She carefully planned a well thought-out strategic business- launch.
She found a perfect place, purchased the best communication services, bought top-of-the line business cards, built a beautiful user-friendly website, advertised in local news-papers and coupon books, and net-worked in her local community attending meetings and socializing.
Jill then waited for her phone to ring. When it didn't happen, she began calling her friends and colleagues requesting referrals. Her friends helped Jill, but she had very little business walk through her open door. Jill's business closed four months after opening.
What could Jill have done to keep her dream alive and experience success with her business? Listed below are a few suggestions.
1. Write a business plan for short-term and long-term goals.
2. Have the funds available for business operation during the first start-up phase.
3. Learn about the technology and net-working available on-line and use it to build relationships.
4. Create a website that is easy to navigate as well as converts a prospect to a customer.
5. Learn how to drive traffic to the website, and take action.
6. Technology driven traffic is not expensive and gets results; find it and use it.
7. Offer a gift to each person that visits the office, or the website. (A percentage off the regular price is not really a gift).
8. Follow-up with each visitor or customer with written thank-you notes or newsletters.
9. Use Smart Phone technology with targeted apps to communicate with prospects and customers.
10. Customer service is King. The business is not about the owner, it's about the customer. Quality service and good products create repeat business and referrals.
Stay the course; success is your birth-right.
Growing small business the right way is specific and takes skillful authority. There is every reason to be successful. Do it right and enjoy the rewards. For more information I invite you to visit my blog and follow me on social networks. It's when your success matters. http://www.Patricia-A-Gaines.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Patricia_A_Gaines
Click Here To Get Our Weekly News